"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~Marion C. Garretty

"Great is Thy Faithfulness"

January 8, 2011: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  For us, and probably every family, the New Year is an opportunity to tackle new projects with fresh energy and make resolutions. We've got a lot going on, but in the midst of all the activity, I wanted to share what is on my mind right now. I look around and am humbled by how blessed I am. I am extremely thankful for the little girls playing in the floor beside me, for my sweet husband outside tending to his trees, for the baby girl asleep in her crib. My family brings me so much happiness and joy!! For our health, for the fridge full of groceries and our warm home as the forecasted snow is approaching. For the great friends I played games with last night, our church family, teachers, and our wonderful extended family, all of whom have been so supportive to us. I am thankful to our Heavenly Father for all these blessings, and also for His amazing love, mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

As for my New Year's Resolution, I want to better obey this scripture, it's one I remember my Mom teaching us as kids. Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." I started realizing last year, with Ava started school and all the fears that come with our little ones growing up, that often I was worrying when I should have been praying!! I've definitely been working on it, but too often slip into that old habit. I know I am a flawed, imperfect person, but my Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I'm learning where to put my trust and it's not in myself! I want to post the lyrics to this beautiful hymn that says so well what I cannot put into words. It's by Thomas O. Chisholm, based on Lamentations 3:22-23.  It seems so perfect as we start a new year. I am so thankful for new starts!!

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God, my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.


Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above;
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin And a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today And bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, With ten thousand beside.

Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.


text by Thomas O. Chisholm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

There's more!

click on 'older posts' at the right to go to the next page